Product Manager - Personalization
San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
We're looking for a Product Manager to lead our Personalization team which is responsible for creating unique, tailored experiences on Crunchbase. This team directly fuels Crunchbase’s mission by helping each user find the opportunities that best meet their specific interests and needs. Our ideal candidate has shipped personalization, recommendation, or other machine learning-based features before, has excellent attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is excited about making Crunchbase a unique experience for each user.
What You'll Do
- Lead the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Personalization at Crunchbase
- Lead a scrum team with Data Science, Engineering and Design, and help them execute by defining stories, requirements, and specs
- Work with Marketing, Customer Success, Analytics, Sales, and other PMs to build and ship ML-based features
- Recommend opportunities for our product to better serve the customer needs through research and analytics, including collecting feedback from our customers and internal teams via interviews, sales and support calls, and other feedback loops
- Make decisions using data including user behavior and business results
- Continuously evaluate product-market fit, identify technical dependencies, and perform external benchmarking
What We're Looking For
- You have 2+ years of Product or Engineering experience delivering data-powered products
- You have built and shipped personalization, recommendation, or other ML-based products
- You bring strong road-mapping, sprint-planning, and project-management skills
- You have worked with data science teams before and can demonstrate a basic understanding of ML models.
- You can strategically assess new opportunities and build alignment around these, and efficiently collect qualitative and quantitative data to make your case
- You have a strong ability to communicate with both internal partners and external customers and synthesize their feedback
- You are comfortable independently developing and implementing recommended approaches to sophisticated or ambiguous problems while making thoughtful trade-offs
- You have a strong desire to learn and grow your product management skillset
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.