Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
We are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager to develop, enable, and cultivate a wide array of strategic partnerships. This cross-functional role requires an articulate, technically-savvy business leader with experience leading diverse cross-functional partnerships. You’ll work alongside C-level executives both internally and at our partner companies, and you'll source and negotiate new partnerships that ultimately define the future of the platform and our business.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AT CRUNCHBASE
The Business Development team takes Crunchbase partnerships from idea to execution. This includes driving usage and adoption of our entire product line, developing product-enabling partnerships to expand our platform, and creating revenue opportunities.
Our partnerships accelerate users’ access to information, expand both the breadth and the depth of our dataset, and drive revenue. We’re taking Crunchbase to the next level by utilizing third-party data sources to dramatically expand user-accessible data, working with strategic partners to improve users’ ability to pursue opportunities, growing our overall product offerings, helping partners enhance their product offerings, and more. We’re excited by business and technology agreements that create wins for our users, and our partners, and our company.
As Crunchbase's Business Development Manager, you will:
- Work directly with our Head of Business Development and Sales to refine our partner strategy and evolve the direction for developing and cultivating Crunchbase partnerships
- Lead day-to-day relationships with a diverse set of partners
- Cultivate relationships and identify new opportunities to expand existing partnerships
- Represent partners internally and externally to convey requirements, strengthen relationships, and work to ensure a mutually beneficial partnership
- Work cross-functionally with internal product and engineering teams to define product priorities and roadmap
- Partner with marketing to develop go-to-market strategies, and with legal and strategic finance to review, revise and amend contracts and obligations
- Liaise between partners and internal teams to ensure deliverables, fulfillment of contractual obligations, achievements, and execution
- At least 2 years in a strategic partnership or business development role
- Proven track record of developing and managing a wide variety of partnerships
- Experience negotiating, analyzing, and amending complex contracts
- Previous experience working directly with engineers and product managers
- Experience with data and/or technical integrations
- Able to thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication skills -- writing and speaking at executive level, both internally and externally, comes with ease
- MBA and/or JD degree preferred, but not required
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.