Senior Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase helps the world discover and connect with the companies that matter. Our data platform is the foundation on top of which all these connections can be made - it not only powers the data at the heart of Crunchbase, but also hundreds of external sites and applications around the world. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions.
Crunchbase is looking for a highly motivated, technically proficient Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing San Francisco based team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with Financial Planning & Analysis at a high growth company, specifically in revenue forecasting and analyzing business metrics. This is an incredible opportunity to have a significant impact on the way processes are built and implemented to support Crunchbase’s growth trajectory.
Finance at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Finance team is responsible for overseeing our general accounting procedures and managing the company’s overall financial health.
What You Will Do
- Manage revenue forecasting models, driving both short-term and long-term accuracy as the business continues to expand in complexity. Create, develop, and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions
- Drive and maintain monthly financial forecasts, perform ongoing variance analyses, and support building annual operating plans
- Monitor key business performance indicators, highlighting trends, and analyzing root causes of variances.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Finance, Analytics, and other teams to promote the alignment of our financial metrics and models. Identify, design and implement operational improvements as needed
- Work with our team and business partners on critical business objectives and improve operational performance throughout the organization
- Evaluate business opportunities and potential efficiencies, providing actionable insights to help inform decision-making, and support special projects and other finance duties as appropriate
Who You Are
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related quantitative discipline; MBA preferred. Professional qualifications such as CFA or CPA a plus
- 5+ years of dynamic experience in Finance with emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and modeling; experience at a start-up or high-tech SaaS company is a plus
- Strong technical (finance) and quantitative abilities, and able to tackle complex problems.
- Strong drive and work ethic with a "get it done" attitude
- Must be a positive, proactive, think creatively, and organized teammate with strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening). Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly
- High attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining the big picture
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle several tasks simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Must have strong influencing skills and the ability to work in a collaborative culture.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel (or Google Suite) skills (such as pivot tables, vlookup, and data analysis)
What Crunchbase Offers
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.