Senior Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Finance at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Finance team is responsible for overseeing our general accounting procedures and managing the company’s overall financial health.
Crunchbase is looking for a highly motivated, technically proficient Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing San Francisco based team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with Financial Planning & Analysis at a high growth company, specifically in revenue forecasting and analyzing business metrics. This is an incredible opportunity to have a significant impact on the way processes are built and implemented to support Crunchbase’s growth trajectory.
What You Will Do
- Manage revenue forecasting models, driving both short-term and long-term accuracy as the business continues to expand in complexity. Create, develop, and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions
- Drive and maintain monthly financial forecasts, perform ongoing variance analyses, and support building annual operating plans
- Monitor key business performance indicators, highlighting trends, and analyzing root causes of variances.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Finance, Analytics, and other teams to promote the alignment of our financial metrics and models. Identify, design and implement operational improvements as needed
- Work with our team and business partners on critical business objectives and improve operational performance throughout the organization
- Evaluate business opportunities and potential efficiencies, providing actionable insights to help inform decision-making, and support special projects and other finance duties as appropriate
What We're Looking For
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related quantitative discipline; MBA preferred. Professional qualifications such as CFA or CPA a plus
- 5+ years of dynamic experience in Finance with emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and modeling; experience at a start-up or high-tech SaaS company is a plus
- Strong technical (finance) and quantitative abilities, and able to tackle complex problems.
- Strong drive and work ethic with a "get it done" attitude
- Must be a positive, proactive, think creatively, and organized teammate with strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening). Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly
- High attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining the big picture
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle several tasks simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Must have strong influencing skills and the ability to work in a collaborative culture.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel (or Google Suite) skills (such as pivot tables, vlookup, and data analysis)
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.