Senior Product Manager - Platform
San Francisco, CA /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 55 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our Platform team which is responsible for managing our data & user graph, our enterprise API product, and our billing/payment systems, among others. Our ideal candidate has managed technical products or large-scale platforms, has phenomenal attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is excited about building the platform that powers all of Crunchbase. The candidate should also be equally excited about owning an important, user-facing product as our API product is sold to our enterprise customers and accounts for a significant portion of the company's revenue.
What You'll Do
- Lead the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our platform, APIs, and enterprise products
- Build a deep understanding of our different types of customers (external and internal) and improve their needs across multiple surfaces
- Be the voice of the enterprise customer - both current and future - in all aspects of product development and delivery; regularly attend prospect and customer calls to understand and empathize with their challenges
- Recommend opportunities for our product(s) to better serve the customer needs through research and analytics, including collecting feedback from our customers and internal teams via interviews, sales/support calls, and other feedback loops
- Get cross-functional teams including Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and other PMs aligned and passionate about the roadmap and direction
- Measure adoption, usage data, and business results from product launches
- Continuously evaluate product-market fit, identify technical dependencies, and perform external benchmarking
- Act as the dedicated PM for our Core Platform engineering scrum team and help them execute by defining stories, requirements, and specs
- Be responsible for the future state of Crunchbase’s billing and payment technologies while optimizing and handling the short-term priorities on the existing platform
What We're Looking For
- You have 4+ years of Product and/or Engineering experience with 2+ years of experience in Product Management delivering data-powered products
- You have built APIs and platform products before
- Bring strong road-mapping, sprint-planning, and project-management skills
- You can strategically assess new opportunities and build alignment around these, and efficiently capture qualitative and quantitative data to make your case
- Strong ability to communicate with both internal partners and external prospects/customers, and synthesize their feedback
- You can work with customers' technical teams to help them be successful with our API products, including answering technical questions and showing them how to achieve their use cases via demos
- Deeply curious and want to understand the why, and excited to dig into the details to find the answer
- Comfortable independently developing and implementing recommended approaches to complex or ambiguous problems while making thoughtful trade-offs
- You have a strong desire to learn and grow your product management skillset
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.