San Francisco or remote
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
Crunchbase is looking for a venture capital reporter who loves the private markets, finds the startup world fascinating, and wants to be a part of a dynamic team that seeks the biggest deals and liquidity. This role is remote-friendly, but if you are based in a startup-hub (Seattle, New York, Boston, Boulder, or San Francisco) that's a big plus!
The Crunchbase Marketing and Media team:
Our team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with decisions based on data and are always thinking about how we can better connect and inform our audience.
As a Crunchbase Reporter, you are:
- Proficient in the world of startups and passionate about innovation and innovators
- Enjoys writing stories of varying length, and wants to break news as often as you can
- Ready to take your career to the next level with a crew of journalists dedicated to editorial integrity and fact-based analysis and features
- Eager to know (and be known) in the VC community and participate in networking, panels, and source-development events
- 3 years of experience as a reporter
- Willing to partner with a majority-remote team
- Experience using modern communications tools like Slack, Zoom, and Google Docs
- You are a team-oriented person who is excited to join a collaborative team
- Wordpress experience a plus
- Knowledge of common SEC filings relating to startup finance a plus
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
- Daily catered lunches
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial district of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- Company and team offsites, retreats, events, and happy hours
Every single day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspective, work experience, lifestyle, and culture with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals. Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.