Senior Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Engineering at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase engineering team is a dynamic, fast-paced team that is committed to quickly delivering features, evaluating them, and iterating towards the ideal product. We are organized both in function and feature-focused teams, as we find that this structure provides:
• The support of other specialists in the technologies and the part of the stack you are using
• The opportunity for engineers to operate independently and multi-functionally, while also being responsible for the complete project cradle to grave, including its success and its plan for the future
Knowledge Graph and Insight Recommendation Team
This is a brand-new team that will be the core AI team at Crunchbase and drive the vision of building a knowledge graph out of extensive amounts of unstructured data. It also includes the understanding of the data, categorizes the data, evaluates the data quality, extracts useful knowledge out of the data, and construct knowledge graph on top of the knowledge.
Crunchbase is hiring for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer with strong machine learning fundamentals, extensive experience in building machine learning models and automatic training systems, and strong coding skills, to help us develop ML components for integrated customer experiences.
What You'll Do
- Help build a customized machine learning recommendation system
- Collaborate with the product team and other partners to help drive a vision for this new engineering team
- Work on all aspects of the feature delivery cycle, from conceptualizing what to do next, collecting requirements, and all the way to production
- Develop natural language processing and machine learning models to transform unstructured data into the Crunchbase knowledge graph
- Help establish processes and standard methodologies to help grow the data graph team
What We're Looking For
- Have a degree (or equivalent knowledge and experience) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or related fields
- Deep understanding of machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning algorithms
- Hands-on experience in implementing production ML systems at scale in Python. Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, is a plus
- Possess validated hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing, and modelling of real data
- Strong background in Statistics and statistical inference techniques
- Have 2+ years of professional engineering experience working in a product-driven environment with technologies (Python) and cloud platforms (GCP or AWS)
- Care about agile software development and a culture of constant learning and improvement
- Have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.