User Acquisition Manager
San Francisco, CA
User Acquisition Manager
Crunchbase is the go-to destination to find businesses to sell to, market to, research, work for, invest in, and buy from. We’re aggressively capitalizing on this to become the single place to find information on the world’s businesses.
We are hiring an User Acquisition Manager to own the top-of-funnel acquisition strategy for the Crunchbase platform and our subscription offerings. The User Acquisition Manager will manage vendors and know the basics of how to execute campaigns in ad platforms. They will understand how to allocate budget, execute campaigns, measure outcomes, and iterate quickly. This is a cross-functional role involving close partnerships with our design, sales, and product teams.
Marketing at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Marketing team is responsible for both product and corporate marketing initiatives, including lead generation, creating exceptional content, and driving engagement with our community of users.
As a Crunchbase User Acquisition Manager, you will:
• Build a growth team from the ground up, owning the paid acquisition strategy and budget for Crunchbase Pro subscriptions and enterprise sales leads
• Own, set, and measure progress against targets for SEM, Display, and Paid Social; help build and improve our attribution model
• Manage creative, targeting, keywords, and budget for all campaigns
• Closely monitor, measure, and report on campaigns across all performance segments including but not limited to creative, bid, audience, geo, device, etc.
• Manage relationships with agencies to scale efforts and drive down costs on SEM, Display, and paid social; select new vendors
• Run rigorous A/B tests across all channels to ensure we’re constantly optimizing our ad performance
• Propose new potential channels and ad formats that can increase our efficiency and acquisition, and prioritize based on potential impact
• Drive partnerships with design, analytics, and product teams build content that drives up growth while accurately representing our brand and product
• 4-7 years of experience in dedicated performance marketing, with a focus on SEM, Display, and Paid social
• Experience working with Google AdWords, Google display network, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, Bing
• Excellent analytical skills, specifically focused on with multivariate testing and multi-touch attribution models
• Familiarity with CPA, CPC, CPM, ARPU, and LTV
• Startup experience, and the the ability to adapt quickly are pluses
• Experience marketing freemium business models is preferred, especially with driving user engagement, user adoption, and revenue
• Experience targeting multiple audiences with different use-cases through multiple channels
• Incredibly coachable personality
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What Crunchbase offers
• Competitive salary and equity
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
• Daily catered lunches
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• 10 weeks fully paid parental leave for all new parents
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• Commuter benefits program
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial district of SF, just steps from Bart and Muni stops
• Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.