San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals--including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people--trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
Infrastructure Engineering at Crunchbase
Our infrastructure engineering team is responsible for building and running the platforms that the rest of our engineers build on top of. They also help ensure the reliability of our production infrastructure. Our philosophy on software engineering includes end-to-end ownership, meaning product teams own their solutions all the way into production. Infrastructure is about enabling that process and building tools that make it simple, easy and fun for product engineers to get their code live as quickly as possible. We want our engineers to fish for themselves. The responsibilities of infrastructure engineers at Crunchbase can be broken down into three main categories:
• Site Reliability Engineering - Provide our production and development systems with the maxims of availability, monitoring, observability and scalability.
• DevOps - Unify our development pipeline, build process, testing and deployment strategies.
• Engineering Productivity - Provide the tools and processes for making the entirety of engineering as efficient and effective as possible.
How We Operate
We have a flexible model for team organization at Crunchbase, centered around the principles of agile software development, allowing us to fluidly adapt to new requirements and situations as they arise. We tend towards two main types of teams:
• Feature-oriented teams: operate independently and own their projects from cradle to grave, building everything they need to execute. While they don't necessarily have to do all the work themselves, they make sure the business needs are met all the way into production.
• Function-oriented teams: provide support to feature teams and have deeper expertise on particular parts of the stack. It's their responsibility to build platforms that are so good the other teams want to use them, rather than being forced into it.
• Professional experience using AWS/GCP/GCE/Azure
• Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
• Motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with tools we presently use is a plus, but not required -- if you know something better, we may use that instead!
What Crunchbase offers
• Competitive salary and equity
• Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Volunteering Paid Time Off
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Monthly commuting stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.