Director of Customer Success
San Francisco, CA
Sales & CS
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
We are looking for a high energy leader with director level experience driving customer success and operations within a data or SaaS company. In this leadership role you will lead our Customer Success and Customer Experience teams and will drive the efforts to provide the highest level of service to our customers.
Sales & Customer Success at Crunchbase:
The Sales and Customer Success teams are focused on driving revenue and supporting our clients within our B2B function (Enterprise and API). This includes developing, on-boarding, and supporting client relationships end to end.
In this role you will:
- Build and own the strategy and roadmap to ensure our customers derive value from their relationship with Crunchbase and become passionate advocates for our brand
- Find opportunities to build value across Crunchbase customers
- Develop financial and operational KPIs that define customer success and drive improvements at every step in the customer lifecycle
- Partner with Engineering and Product to relay customer needs, pain points, and experiences to drive product strategy, roadmap, and prioritization
- Lead, mentor, and encourage a team of Customer Success Managers and Customer Experience Specialists
- Be a champion of a customer-centric attitude at Crunchbase
- 5+ years in a Customer Ops leadership role at a SaaS or data company
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Deep understanding of value and revenue drivers
- Passionate about data, analytics, and process: ability to analyze data and identify key opportunities to optimize team strategy and performance
- Proven track record of building all-star teams
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and can quickly build strong partnerships cross-functionally.
- Obsessed with customer satisfaction and ability to balance data-driven decision-making and communications with a strong customer empathy
- Salesforce experience is required
- Zendesk and SQL experience are a plus
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.