San Francisco, CA
Data Specialist at Crunchbase
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
The Crunchbase dataset is constantly growing through contributions from the public, our venture program, partners, and from our internal team. The Data Management team at Crunchbase leads a variety of projects to ensure the accuracy and accelerates the growth of the Crunchbase dataset.
Are you motivated to solve problems using data? If you are passionate about taking on a variety of projects cutting across research, content analysis, data curation, program management, user experience, and partner management, this may be the ideal role for you.
As a Crunchbase Data Specialist, you will:
- Craft and lead projects based on research for content programs
- Use SQL and other analytic tools to determine opportunities to improve our data
- Conduct research to find new organizations to add to the dataset, both in the U.S. and around the world
- Partner with product, data engineering, marketing, and business development teams
- Set metrics for engagement goals for our programs
- Lead and work on several ongoing projects at once
- You have 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience working with SQL (preferably PostgreSQL or RedshiftSQL)
- Program management experience
- You are a self-starter with initiative
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills-- speaking to internal executives and external partners comes with ease
- You have an incredible attention to detail
- Experience with Google Spreadsheets; Microsoft Excel is a plus (pivot tables, table lookups, etc.)
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office for events
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.