Acquisition Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Marketing at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Marketing team is responsible for both product and corporate marketing initiatives, including lead generation, crafting outstanding content, and driving engagement with our community of users. Our Growth Strategy and Ops team helps the rest of Marketing grow results faster, via project management, experimentation strategy, and growing our tech capabilities. We also drive growth ourselves via conversion optimization on key surfaces and customer acquisition programs.
The Acquisition Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and results from Crunchbase’s paid media channels, with a focus on driving conversions to our subscription plans. You’ll onboard and manage a paid media agency, and work with them to measure positive returns and unlock more budget to scale. You will also work with Product and Lifecycle Marketing teams to combine their input with your own ideas to craft your experiment roadmap. Finally, you’ll act as an experimentation specialist for our other traffic acquisition teams, like SEO and owned social, helping them measure and grow their results alongside your channels. You will report directly to the Director of Marketing Growth Strategy and Ops.
What You'll Do:
- Own the paid acquisition strategy and execution for Crunchbase subscriptions
- Collaborate with teams working on other acquisition channels (SEO, owned social) on their measurement and growth roadmaps
- Select, onboard, and handle the performance of a paid media agency to drive down costs and increase the impact
- Own paid media budgeting, target setting, spend, and performance measurement
- Assess, implement, and maintain tech stack needs for paid media channels
- Run meticulous experiments to optimize campaigns and landing surfaces and show positive ROAS
- Partner with Product and Lifecycle Marketing to cooperate on key audiences, moments, and messaging
What We're Looking For:
- 3 years experience in paid media marketing with a focus on Search and Display (agency experience is a plus)
- Experience working with Google AdWords, Google Display Network, LinkedIn, Facebook/Twitter, Bing
- Experimentation savvy, specifically around AB and incrementality testing
- Analytical skills, with a strong understanding of attribution, CAC, CPC, CPM, and LTV
- Experience with SEO and organic/owned social is a plus
- Experience with the ability to pilot new channels and scale is a plus
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.