San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase helps the world discover and connect with the companies that matter. Our data platform is the foundation on top of which all these connections can be made - it not only powers the data at the heart of Crunchbase, but also hundreds of external sites and applications around the world, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions.
Crunchbase is looking to hire a driven Content Lead to manage a team of high-performing content creators, from editorial news to persona-based education. This highly analytical, deeply collaborative role will build a vision for original content and programming that drives awareness, engagement, and conversion for Crunchbase.
The Crunchbase Marketing and Media team
Our team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with decisions based on data and are always thinking about how we can better connect and inform our audience.
As a Crunchbase Content Lead, you are responsible for:
- Leading and mentoring our content creators in the fields of editorial journalism, content marketing, and research
- Owning the creation of an overall strategy for bringing together editorial content, research content, and content marketing
- Building up a new research content function that allows us to highlight the quality of Crunchbase data through storytelling
- Working closely with channel owners to ensure the content achieves key objectives: top of funnel traffic, mid-funnel product consideration, post-sale product engagement, and conversion/upsell
- Supporting the team in crafting a voice for Crunchbase, across all of our channels, that is consistent with our brand, establishes thought leadership, and builds trust among our community
- Using analytics, trending data, and qualitative audience insights to inform future planning and content development. Have a deep understanding of SEO methodologies
- Ensuring all published content meets quality standards and that our publishing is competitive, timely, and ground-breaking.
- Developing our editorial style guide that's aligned with our Crunchbase brand to ensure a cohesive voice
- Partner with internal teams to identify new ways to syndicate and surface the best and most relevant content to our readers, driving engagement and conversion.
- 5-7 years of experience in content marketing or publishing
- Proven experience of managing a team in a fast-paced and driven digital environment
- Experience distributing content through multiple channels including editorial partnerships as well as paid and organic channel marketing
- Proven success working cross-functionally to define programming strategies
- An ability to analyze and communicate results to leaders and other partners
- Experience identifying emerging trends in communications
- Experience working with content management systems
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.