Staff Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Frontend Engineering at Crunchbase
We are hiring a Staff Frontend Engineer to build flexible, metadata driven user interfaces across the Crunchbase platform and act as a mentor to more junior engineers. User Interface and User Experience are the key drivers helping us to achieve our vision. We care deeply about creating something that feels right in every detail, and we’re looking for engineers with either a proven design aesthetic or a passion for front-end components to help us go faster. Are you ready to help us build UI Architecture that, much like it’s platform counterpart, enables rapid iteration, high availability, and a fast & delightful experience?
What You'll Do
- Build a lazy-loaded Angular module to support a new product
- Write an Express middleware to bootstrap data on the server
- Work with Product and Design to explore new feature ideas and flows
- Write a client-side service communicate with backend microservices
- Use developer tools to understand server and client side performance
- Collaborate with Backend teams to design an API for a new platform function
Who We're Looking For
- Familiarity with Angular/React or Typescript is a plus, but not required
- You are motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.