San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 55 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
As a Brand Manager at Crunchbase you're responsible for bringing our brand to life through marketing campaigns, content, and thought leadership. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing & Growth, you'll be one part campaign manager, one part brand strategist, and one part content marketer. You’ll shape perceptions of the Crunchbase brand, and build top of funnel awareness. You're forward-thinking in connecting the dots between our vision, mission, brand, and product. Excited yet?
Marketing at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Marketing team plays a role in all parts of the user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We are performance-driven, creative storytellers, always thinking about how we can better connect with our customers while driving value for the business.
As the Crunchbase Brand Manager, you will:
- Develop and refine Crunchbase’s consumer brand value proposition, pillars, and promise. This includes positioning and messaging for our brand
- Grow top of funnel awareness for Crunchbase through branded content, integrated campaigns, landing pages, promotions, social media, and partnerships
- Partner with our PR to establish our ownership of specific brand and mission-related topics. Partner with digital marketing team to ensure the conversion content and campaigns are on brand
- Drive your decisions with data to ensure your initiatives have ROI and impact traffic, brand awareness, customer growth, and external perceptions
- Bring a hacker’s testing mentality to brand marketing by running campaign experiments to identify the best approaches for landing our brand narrative with target audiences
- Rally employees behind our brand and help them understand how to bring it to life in their own channels
- Ensure that brand initiatives complement and are additive to the current product and growth digital marketing campaigns
- Develop a plan for global brand expansion, and build campaigns that help grow awareness in new regions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in Product, Design, PMM, and Digital Marketing
- Help launch new brand marketing channels including events, influencers, community and more!
- 4+ years brand marketing experience, preferably in a fast moving technology company
- Proven excellence in writing, storytelling, and content creation
- Creative campaign management experience
- Experience managing social media and content for a major brand
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals. Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.