San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
User Research at Crunchbase
The User Research Team at Crunchbase helps drive product decisions by understanding user empathy and is helping build one of the best data platforms in the world! That means talking to our users through multiple mediums (in person, onsite, remote) and collecting feedback on new design concepts. You’ll report directly to our Lead User Researcher and constantly work cross-functionally with other departments.
What You'll Do
- Conduct impactful research across the product lifecycle by blending quantitative and qualitative methods
- Identify new research opportunities, prioritize, and develop mixed-method research studies to help us build a deep understanding of the customer’s voice and understand the “why” behind the data
- Work collaboratively with team members from Product, Design, Marketing, and Analytics to deliver actionable insights to influence product design and direction
- Define, measure, and manage the quantitative user experience goals and metrics and ongoing survey research programs, such as churn, onboarding, and NPS survey programs
- Thoroughly synthesize the data and visualize the findings and recommendations in a clear, concise, and compelling story to present to team members
What We're Looking For
- 2-5 years of experience with mixed-method user experience research, or equivalent field
- Experience conducting research and analyzing behavior through surveys, usability benchmarking, user interviews, and usability testing
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills, and the ability to help product teams better understand and advocate for their users
- A passion for collaborative research methods, and a willingness to improve the research process
- Ambitious and creatively seeking problems to tackle in a fast-paced and confident environment
- Insatiable curiosity, proactive, and able to balance project schedules with multiple and changing requirements
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.