Email Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
We are hiring an Email Marketing Manager to handle the day to day management of the email marketing programs. This person will support the overall email marketing strategy and drive the program execution while maintaining best in class email KPIs (Open Rate, Click Through Rate, Conversion Rate, Unsubscribes, etc). This person should be process-oriented with a proven record of success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
Marketing at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Marketing team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with decisions based on data and are always thinking about how we can better connect with our customers.
As a Crunchbase Email Marketing Manager, you will:
- Build emails and templates in Marketo and SendGrid (ESP).
- Use the creative assets from the Marketing team and build out marketing, triggered, and transactional emails.
- Deliver regular and consistent reporting on email channel performance to internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and optimize email deliverability, domain reputation, and unsubscribe rates.
- Create a robust testing framework (subject lines, layout, template length, landing page, etc) with the goal of optimizing performance and educating the marketing/creative team.
- Create customer segments, scheduling emails, and performing email channel analysis.
- 3 years of experience in digital marketing ideally within the B2C space.
- Subject matter expertise in email marketing and with ESPs. (We use Marketo and SendGrid.)
- Strategic and analytical thinker with exceptional execution and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and an inclusive attitude
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules across multiple teams
- Expertise in Google Analytics
- Knowledge of HTML
What Crunchbase offers
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.