San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY /
Sales & CS /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Sales at Crunchbase
The Sales team is responsible for spreading the adoption of our SaaS and API products.
Our team is looking for a Solutions Engineer to support our Sales and Customer Success teams by working on pitching Crunchbase products to new potential clients and solving technical challenges for existing customers. You will use your deep understanding of the product and the needs of clients to build efficient processes to scale our onboarding and sales processes. You’ll partner with Sales, Customer Success, Product, Engineering, and Partnerships teams to drive various initiatives to support and scale Crunchbase. The ideal candidate will combine technical, product, and business skills to help our clients be successful within the platform.
What You'll Do:
- Work alongside Customer Success and Sales teams as the ultimate product specialist and demonstrate and communicate the value of the Crunchbase platform throughout the sales cycle (including POCs, demos & technical evaluations)
- Serve as the technical point of contact for Sales & CSMs; help complete RFPs and questionnaires (i.e. security questionnaire) and build technical collateral to help Sales & CSMs
- Identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers; proactively work cross-functionally (Sales, Support, Product Management, Engineering) in order to get deals across the line
- Partner with customers' technical teams to help them be successful with our API products, including answering technical questions and showing them how to achieve their use cases via demos
- Work with customers’ technical teams and admins to help implement SSO and troubleshoot any team administration issues for our new ‘Crunchbase for Teams’ product, which will allow enterprise teams to work directly inside our core Crunchbase.com application
- Synthesize customer feedback and interactions to identify common themes or opportunities; Collaborate closely with Product Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to actively surface high-value opportunities by providing recommendations with strong supporting evidence and business case
- Own the knowledge base, process, and resources that Customer Success and Sales can use to be successful, alongside our customers
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer, Technical Account Manager, or Level 1 Engineer
- Experience communicating with technical and business audiences, including proven ability to interact with both internal partners and external prospects/customers, and synthesize their feedback
- Knowledge of the enterprise software space
- Deeply curious, wants to understand the why, and excited to dig into the details to find answers
- Ability to troubleshoot with customers at a technical level, including working with customers’ tech team
- Comfortable independently developing and implementing recommended approaches to sophisticated or ambiguous problems while making thoughtful trade-offs (including coming up with creative workarounds to unblock customers)
- A background that combines business experience and technical knowledge
- A strong understanding of web services, APIs, CSVs, and related standards such as RESTful and HTTP
- Proven track record working with relational databases in Data Platforms and APIs using python, java, Postman or other suitably mainstream programming languages including both programmatic generation of requests and transformation of responses
- Able to understand high-level system architecture, and take into account built-in tradeoffs when building demos and solutions
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.