Manager, Sales Development
San Francisco, CA /
Sales & CS /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Sales at Crunchbase
The Sales team is responsible for spreading adoption of our API and SaaS products - Crunchbase Enterprise, Crunchbase for Applications, and Crunchbase Pro.
We are building our sales team to quickly scale our customer base and identify new revenue opportunities within existing accounts. Our customers are diverse and range from startups to Fortune 500 companies, but they all count on Crunchbase for critical information delivered at the right time. This is an amazing opportunity if you're looking to join a well-known organization with an established sales funnel and book of business while crafting the direction and success of the team.
What You'll Do
- Mentor 8+ SDRs on prospecting methods
- Using a combination of Zendesk support, Drift chat, phone, email, social media, and direct mail to help build our sales pipeline by connecting with prospective customers
- Train SDRs to understand the unique needs or prospects, and identify the best way to position Crunchbase through role plays and mock calls
- Develop a programmatic outbound campaign methodology yielding repeatable pipeline growth month over month
- You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with the Heads of Sales along with our Sales Leadership Team, and Demand Generation Director
- Occasionally “get in the weeds” with your SDRs showing them first hand how to book quality appointments as a mentor when needed (although you will not carry a quota, you may need to lead by example)
What We're Looking For
- 1-2 years of experience directly managing a Sales Development Organization
- Closing experience is a plus
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Solid understanding of Salesforce, Outreach.io, & LinkedIn Sales Navigator required
- Experience managing multiple revenue funnels (inbound, outbound, channel)
- Experience coaching and mentoring SDRs on both transactional and large, enterprise prospect opportunities
- Experience partnering with cross-functional decision-makers in sales and marketing to consistently converting leads to qualified pipeline
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.