San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals--including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people--trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
We are hiring our first User Researcher to enable our ability to create good design across the Crunchbase platform, and ensure that is informed by sound research. We’re looking for a candidate that is passionate about understanding users, their mental models, and patterns of interaction, and transforming that understanding into workable user experience strategies. The ideal candidate has several years of effective cross-functional collaboration experience, and strives to create product experiences that users share and evangelize.
Product at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Product team is responsible for owning and executing the vision of the Crunchbase platform, and the creation of new products that provide our users with various mechanisms to access our data.
As a Crunchbase User Research Lead, you will:
• Scope and execute user research projects (often with overlapping timelines), and provide insights that will drive key product decisions
• Build a deep understanding of the customer’s voice and their needs, wants, and goals, and help evangelize that voice within the company
• Collaborate closely with multiple teams within the organization to identify and prioritize research topics in a fast-paced environment
• Determine the approach and conduct research from strategic discovery about user needs to tactical evaluations of design decisions
• Synthesize feedback to generate insights and provide clear and concise design recommendations
• Share research findings with product teams and the company at-large by creating and distributing compelling, impactful reports and presentations
• Uncover and assess larger user trends and determine strategies for further investigation and/or synthesis
• 4+ years in applied design research in fast-paced, consumer-facing product organizations
• Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of various qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during product phases
• Demonstrated success influencing product and design decisions based on research insights
• Excellent knowledge of research principles and experiment design & facilitation
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
• Experience using a variety of research tools, such as UserTesting.com, Split.io, or Optimizely
• Experience collecting and analyzing user behavior through unmoderated experiments (A/B testing), in-person studies, remote studies, and the occasional survey
• Phenomenal communication and story-telling skills, and the ability to help product teams better understand and advocate for their users
• Incredibly coachable personality -- you are constantly looking for opportunities to improve your craft
• BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Information Science, Computer Science, or related fields
What Crunchbase offers:
• Competitive salary and equity
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• 10 weeks fully paid parental leave for all new parents
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• Monthly commuting stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
• Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.