CRM/Lifecycle Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
We are hiring a CRM/ Lifecycle Marketing Manager to shape our customer engagement strategy with a focus on growing customer conversion and expansion through powerful marketing efforts at every stage of the user lifecycle. This person is passionate about the end-to-end customer journey and will develop lifecycle marketing programs for nurture, customer engagement, and retention. This highly analytical, deeply collaborative role will involve close partnerships with our design, analytics, and product management teams.
Marketing at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Marketing team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with decisions based on data and are always thinking about how we can better connect with our customers.
As a Crunchbase CRM/Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will:
- Lead the end to end management of lifecycle marketing programs including campaign ideation, creation, deployment, testing, optimization, analysis, and reporting
- Own all engagement and conversion metrics for our lifecycle marketing channels (email and Pendo to start, rapidly growing into new initiatives like push notifications, etc)
- Use analytics, trended data and qualitative customer insights to identify, size and prioritize opportunities that drive higher lifetime value for target customer segments
- Closely monitor, measure, and report across all performance segments including but not limited to email segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies (e.g. cadence & frequency) to improve conversion rates, etc.
- Build audience/event-based real-time communication triggers across the customer journeyEnsure compliance with spam and privacy laws in various regions
- 5+ years experience in direct response marketing
- Proficient with ESPs, today we use SendGrid and Marketo
- Proven B2C email strategy experience; have experience developing and managing strategic marketing testing plans, and event-triggered CRM programs
- A programmatic attitude with a focus on automation versus just do it once
- Highly motivated, proactive, and able to solve diverse problems efficiently
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS for email design and manipulation
- Bonus points for SQL experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.