Engineering Manager: Data Platform Team
San Francisco, CA /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 55 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Engineering at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase engineering team is a dynamic, fast-paced team that is committed to quickly delivering features, evaluating their performance, and iterating towards the product vision shared by the company.
We are organized in vertical teams that include cross-functional engineers as well as functional guilds aimed at working tightly with the product team to deliver high-quality code while iterating quickly on features.
We value open and honest communication and strive to create an environment where opinions and views can be shared and considered in an effort to reach the best decision.
Data Platform Team
Our data platform team is responsible for building and maintaining all automated solutions to get data from various sources into our platforms, as well as the frameworks and processes to export this data. As Crunchbase grows, so does the amount of data we process, the number of sources it comes from, and the insights we derive from it. At its core, Crunchbase is a data company, and the data platform team is in the heart of our applications.
What You'll Do
- Mentoring and coaching engineers and guiding their growth within the organization through clear expectations and frequent feedback
- Working with our amazing recruiting team to grow the team and inspire candidates with the Crunchbase vision and culture
- Collaborating with Product, and other engineering managers to ensure velocity and execution and delivery at a sustainable pace
- Working with our internal technical guilds to drive technical excellence goals like improving software quality and keeping technical debt low
- Keep the team operating on the highest production standards.
- Building a diverse, engaged team with a collaborative and inclusive environment
What We're Looking For
- Solid understanding of Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals and process
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong motivation to build empowered, excited, and productive engineering teams
- Strong experience with production systems
- 4+ years of Backend or Data Engineering experience, ideally in Python.
- 2+ years of Team Leadership or Management experience
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.