Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Sales & CS /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Customer Success at Crunchbase
Our Customer Success team is responsible for spreading adoption of our API and SaaS products: Crunchbase Enterprise, Crunchbase for Applications and Crunchbase Pro while driving revenue growth.
We are building our sales and CS team to quickly scale our customer base and identify new revenue opportunities within existing accounts. Our customers are diverse and range from startups to Fortune 500 companies, but they all count on Crunchbase for critical information delivered at the right time. We are looking for awesome people who want to build outstanding relationships with our customers. As a CS Manager, you will provide a high-level of support to customers looking to integrate Crunchbase data into their applications and business, and serve as one of the primary liaisons between Crunchbase and our customers.
What You'll Do
- You will onboard and implement customers to ensure they achieve success and quickly realize value with Crunchbase APIs and Data
- You will develop cadence and drive adoption and engagement with customers
- You will handle a book of existing business focusing on renewals and building opportunities for up-selling into existing customer base
- Partner with engineering and product to relay customer needs, issues, and experiences to drive product strategy, roadmap, and prioritization
- Anticipate issues and find opportunities to replicate and systematize solutions used for other customers in order to support effective scaling as the team and customer base grows
- Work with the team, develop, track, and respond to the critical metrics that drive success across the organization
What We're Looking For
- Approximately 3-4+ years of Customer Success Experience, specifically in data and/or software as a service business
- You naturally possess a high level of compassion and pay close attention to the needs of customers
- Experience in negotiating contracts (up-sell/renewals)
- Experience with Salesforce (preferred)
- Bonus points for experience in making calls to an API or basic understanding of SQL queries
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.