San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
We are looking for an accomplished Copywriter to craft the voice and tone of our brand from scratch, and to help us design the messages that reach millions of users worldwide across all marketing and in-product surfaces. This is an incredible opportunity to be our first Copywriter where you will expand the awareness of an existing, well-known brand.
Marketing at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Marketing team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We are creative storytellers, always thinking about how we can better connect with our customers.
As a Crunchbase Copywriter, you will:
• Build and steward the adoption of new voice guidelines for the Crunchbase brand
• Write direct response copy for email, in-product, and advertising surfaces including SEM, display, and social
• Craft brand copy for social media, blog posts, white papers, ebooks, and video scripts
• Partner with Product and Product Marketing teams to translate product information into consumer features and positioning
• Be an authority in all parts of copy (headlines, body copy, scripts, long-form copy, and more,) and have an innate ability to create connections with our target audiences
• Proofread and copyedit any marketing copy to ensure brand consistency and precise prose from other content contributors, including product messaging, SEO content, blog posts, and agencies
• Partner with our brand designer to help define our brand and the relationship between written and visual content
• Support the creation of PR material and internal communication
• Help decide naming schema for new products and features
• 4+ years of experience in marketing copywriting ideally in a B2C or B2B SaaS company
• Experience writing copy for advertising, in-product, and brand surfaces
• Exceptional writing and proofreading (including tone, structure, grammar, spelling, and factual accuracy), plus a deep understanding of brand marketing and marketing channels
• Organized and meticulous, with incredible time management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and lead multiple projects
• Effective in cross-functional teams via in-person, phone, and virtual channels
• Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Advertising or related field), or related certifications
What Crunchbase offers:
• Competitive salary and equity
• A team of creative, open entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• 10 weeks fully paid parental leave for all new parents
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• Monthly commuter stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial district of SF, just steps from Bart and Muni stops
• Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every single day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.