San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to advise their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
The Crunchbase dataset is constantly growing through contributions from the public, our venture program, partners, and from our internal team. The Data Management team at Crunchbase leads a number of initiatives to ensure the accuracy and accelerates the growth of the Crunchbase dataset.
Are you motivated to tackle problems using data? If you are passionate about tackling a variety of projects cutting across research, content analysis, data curation, program management, user experience, and partner management, this may be the ideal role for you!
As a Data Specialist, you will:
- Review and audit outsource team’s work to ensure the accuracy of the data entered in Crunchbase
- Review and fix any data quality issues in Crunchbase
- Conduct research to find and add new companies to add to Crunchbase, both in the U.S. and around the world
- Actively source relevant news sources/articles to collect data
- Build projects for outsourcing teams to add data to Crunchbase
- You have 2-3 years of shown experience
- Hands-on experience working with SQL (preferably PostgreSQL or RedshiftSQL)
- Experience with data-type manipulation
- Familiarity working within a data warehouse, and a basic understanding of relational databases
- Program management experience
- You are a self-starter that takes the initiative
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills-- speaking to internal executives and external partners comes with ease
- You have incredible attention to detail
- Experience with Google Spreadsheets; Microsoft Excel is a plus (pivot tables, table lookups, etc.)
- You are a teammate and can collaborate cross-functionally
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.