Marketing Project Manager
San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Marketing at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Marketing team is responsible for both product and corporate marketing initiatives, including lead generation and monetization, crafting outstanding content, and driving engagement with our community of users. Our Growth and Ops team helps the rest of Marketing grow results faster via project management, experimentation strategy, and growing our tech capabilities.
The Marketing Project Manager is responsible for improving team processes and coordinating major projects so we can try things faster, learn more, and produce more results. This role works with Marketing leadership to build out the mechanics of how our growing team works, from planning to prioritizing to staying in touch. You’ll build plans and coordinate timelines for major individual initiatives, especially ones that span across the company. You’ll also set up templates and systems like Jira to enable the team to stay efficient and on track without your direct help.
You will report directly to the Director of Marketing Growth and Ops.
What You'll Do
- Build and refine processes for planning, prioritization, and performance tracking
- Make project plans and coordinate work for major, cross-company initiatives
- Run strategic, team-level efforts (strategy research, offsites, team culture, etc.) for our Head of Marketing and other execs
- Create documentation templates for team charters, roadmaps, etc.
- Maintain and improve usage of Marketing systems of record, like Airtable and Jira
- Run RFP processes and handle our relationship with our tech stack tools and vendors
- Manage performance and bandwidth of our developer and creative production agencies
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years in project management, marketing ops, or a related role
- Experience with project planning, scoping, and prioritization
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices; Airtable and Jira are a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail, passion for identifying and resolving inefficiencies in processes
- Skilled at influencing without authority and tactfully keeping work on track
- Experience working with a marketing team is a plus
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.