Staff Platform Engineer (Knowledge Graph)
San Francisco, CA /
Crunchbase is the go-to destination to find businesses to sell to, market to, research, work for, invest in, and buy from. We’re aggressively capitalizing on this to become the single place to find information on the world’s businesses.
We are hiring a Senior Platform Engineer skilled in Python to be one of the first engineers on our brand new Knowledge Graph Team. We are seeking a candidate with strong Backend Engineer fundamentals, extensive experience in metadata design, implementation, system architecture design and backend data service development.
Engineering at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase engineering team is a dynamic, fast paced team that is committed to quickly delivering features, evaluating their performance, and iterating towards the product vision shared by the company. We are organized in vertical teams that include cross-functional engineers as well as functional guilds aimed at working tightly with the product team to deliver high quality code while iterating quickly on features. We value open and honest communication, and strive to create an environment where opinions and views can be shared and considered in an effort to reach the best decision.
Knowledge Graph Team at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Knowledge Graph team is working on automatically processing massive amounts of unstructured data, understanding the content of the information, categorizing the information, extracting useful information from text, and converting the data into a knowledge graph.
What you will do:
- Help bring our data science models into live production, building features like company recommendations.
- Help design, evaluate and improve machine learning model based features.
- Work in a team with data scientists and data engineers to quickly deliver features from cradle to production.
- Work closely with the Product team to define the scope of the features and iterate on features
- Write high quality maintainable and tested code that runs as part of our production platform
Who you are:
- You have a solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
- You have strong Python foundations
- You have experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, and an eventual consistent system
- You have successfully built and shipped Python services in a microsystem architecture
- You care about agile software, cross team collaboration and data driven development and evaluation.
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- Carbon offsets for all employees
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.