San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
Crunchbase is looking for a Data Analyst to uncover product usage insights to drive better product roadmap decisions and improved UX design. This role is a great mix of technical, product, and data responsibilities that offers the opportunity to be a leader within a data-driven software company.
Engineering at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase engineering team is a dynamic, fast-paced team that is committed to quickly delivering features, evaluating their performance, and iterating towards the product vision shared by the company.
We are organized in vertical teams that include cross-functional engineers as well as functional guildes aimed at working tightly with the product team to deliver high standards of code while iterating quickly on features.
We value open and honest communication and strive to build an environment where opinions and views can be shared and considered in an effort to reach the best decision.
As a Crunchbase Data Analyst, you will:
- Define, lead, and execute Crunchbase product analytics strategy
- Conduct exploratory data analysis to identify product gaps, test hypotheses, and size opportunities to inform product roadmap
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and facilitate reporting as well as improve the efficiency and effectiveness of analytics throughout the company
- Partner with Executives to define reporting and dashboard requirements for use in managing day to day operations more efficiently
- Work with Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to define metrics and monitor performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
- Partner closely with Engineering to ensure proper instrumentation of new products and tests including capture of new data, and transfer into data warehouse
- Implement and manage internal and 3rd party metrics to drive product and marketing decisions
- Build self-service systems to enable others in the organization to perform analysis and leverage data to make business decisions
- Analyze and present product usage behavior data and KPIs to product teams and executives
- 4+ years work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional datasets, and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline
- Strong experience in SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding, and reporting
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and modeling
- Ability to write efficient and optimized queries against large databases
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, or R)
- Experience working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, Chartmogul, Baremetrics, Periscope, Tableau, Mode Analytics, Looker, or similar
- Strong communication skills
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.