San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and sales people—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
Product Design at Crunchbase
Our Design team manages and leads all product design requirements, develops mockups, user flows, and works closely with Product Managers and Engineers to take the Crunchbase site and data platform to the next level. As a Product Designer, you will be an interaction specialist, designing the user experience for both consumer and/or enterprise facing software. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the products, design language, and design process of the most relied upon source of business information with a best-in-class team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the cross-functional teams to execute the Crunchbase roadmap and vision
- Build mockups, wireframes, UI design, style guides, user flows, prototyping, and high-fidelity final designs
- Partner with Engineering to understand and evolve the UI technical framework
- Assist with the ideation, planning, development, and launch of creative new data products
- Ideate and execute on product requirements, definitions, planning, and design of new features
- Engage with customers to identify market opportunities and get product feedback
- Participate in user testing and turn results into actionable design solutions
- Understand the competitive landscape and evaluate product design trends to better inform product development
- 2+ years experience working in a software product design role
- A strong portfolio that communicates the ability to design application software a requirement
- Experience working with multiple teams in building and shipping a product
- Be able to wear many hats - Interaction Design, Application Design, Visual Design, etc.
- Experience taking conceptual ideas and turning them into detailed, meaningful user experiences
- Experience collecting and consolidating input from multiple partners: Product Managers, Marketing, Engineering, and Customers.
- Able to give and receive critical feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Invision a plus
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals. Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.