Director of Sales
San Francisco, CA
Sales & CS
Crunchbase helps the world discover and connect with the companies that matter. Our data platform is the foundation on top of which all these connections can be made - it not only powers the data at the heart of Crunchbase, but also hundreds of external sites and applications around the world. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions.
We are looking for an incredible Director of Sales with proven experience building a successful revenue function within a data or SaaS business. In this leadership position, you will lead our Sales Development and Account Executive teams for our Direct Sales business, and will drive the efforts to grow revenue and expand our customer base.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the sales strategy and roadmap for Crunchbase Direct Sales
- Drive initiatives to grow our sales “machine”, identifying both new verticals that support growth and upsell opportunities that grow existing accounts
- Deliver accurate forecasting and pipeline management
- Partner with Engineering and Product to relay customer needs, concerns, and experiences to drive product strategy, roadmap, and prioritization
- Lead, mentor, and encourage our Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives
- Partner with Marketing and Product leaders to craft marketing assets, including product collateral, email campaigns, trade show materials, and webinar content to tell our story and drive sales
- Partner with Business Development to identify and package new revenue opportunities with partners
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technologies, partners, and competitors; develop strategies to maintain Crunchbase’s advantage in the market
- 8+ years of top-performing B2B sales experience and 4+ years experience leading a sales team
- A proven track record of building high-performing teams that consistently deliver and exceed revenue goals
- Experience planning and executing account strategies, crafting and presenting sales plans, setting goals, measuring performance and being accountable for results to executive management
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to quickly build strong collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Experience selling into Mid-Market and Enterprise size deals, bonus points if the SaaS product was sold to other Sales teams!
- A deep understanding of the data business and the key drivers of a successful sales team
- Proven leadership and influencing skills; and you are able to negotiate and build strong business relationships, both outside and within the organization
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous work environments: you can tackle tough business problems, roll up your sleeves, and drive revenue
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.