San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase helps the world discover and connect with the companies that matter. Our data platform is the foundation on top of which all these connections can be made - it not only powers the data at the heart of Crunchbase, but also hundreds of external sites and applications around the world. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions.
Are you curious about how users look for information to make important decisions to invest, look for investments or pitch to prospective clients? If so, come join the Research team at Crunchbase to help drive product decisions by understanding user empathy and build one of the best data platforms in the world (we're well on our way). That means talking to our users through multiple mediums (in person, onsite, remote) and capturing feedback on new design concepts. You’ll report directly to our Lead User Researcher and collaborate daily with every team here including product and design.
What you will do:
- Build a deep understanding of the customer’s voice and their needs, wants, and goals, and help evangelize that voice within the company.
- Work collaboratively with team members from Product, Design, Marketing, and Analytics to deliver actionable insights to influence product design and direction.
- Identify new research opportunities, prioritize, and develop mixed-method research studies that include stakeholders in every step of the process.
- Conduct impactful research across the product lifecycle by blending quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Thoroughly synthesize the data and communicate findings and recommendations in a clear, concise, and compelling way to team members.
- 2-5 years of experience with a BA, MS or PhD in social sciences, HCI, psychology, user experience research, or equivalent field.
- Experience conducting research and analyzing behavior through user interviews, usability testing, field studies, and writing surveys.
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills, and the ability to help product teams better understand and advocate for their users.
- A passion for collaborative research methods, and a willingness to improve the research process.
- Ambitious and creatively seeking problems to tackle in a fast-paced and scrappy environment.
- Insatiable curiosity, proactive, and able to balance project schedules with multiple and changing requirements.
- Experience with some quantitative methods (surveys, usability benchmarking, sentiment/satisfaction) is a plus.
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.