San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the top tier destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
Crunchbase is looking to hire a Researcher that is passionate about data and is part of a team that uncovers new technologies and industry trends. This role dives headfirst into the insights within Crunchbase, uncovering trends and building demand around new opportunities. We are seeking a researcher who has strong SQL and data visualization skills. This role will lead a variety of projects for market and geo research, partner research reports, and using analytic skills to present data in an easily digestible format.
The Crunchbase Marketing and Media team:
The Marketing and Media team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with decisions based on data and are always thinking about how we can better connect and inform our audience.
As a Content Researcher, you are responsible for:
- Conducting end-to-end research on emerging topics and trends utilizing the Crunchbase dataset
- Developing content that distills research findings into a narrative form
- Analyzing insights via various quantitative and qualitative methods
- Reviewing the underlying data for the accuracy of findings
- Identifying early research ideas and recommending areas of focus
- Communicating findings to internal partners
- Supporting internal research requests
- 3 years of experience as an analyst, researcher, or highly honed research skills
- Consistent record of rigorous research using traditional and non-traditional data sources
- Knowledge of SQL and Analytics/BI environments like Periscope and Tableau
- Ability to synthesize information quickly, accurately, and with deep insight
What Crunchbase Offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.