Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY /
Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Product Design at Crunchbase
The Product Design team at Crunchbase is responsible for driving and executing the roadmap and vision for our popular product. We wear multiple design hats (interaction, visual, strategy) to produce valuable, easy to use, and well-crafted products through intentional design decisions that enable our users to build, grow, and find those companies that matter most. Every decision we make impacts our global audience. The Product Design team strives to create solutions that convey answers, not data. We're constantly asking ourselves how to ensure that our users get value in as few interactions as possible. We push the limits of requirements and scopes to build the best possible product. Most importantly, we are learning and growing rapidly, and embrace the opportunity for growth while not being afraid of failure.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a diverse set of design initiatives to help take the Crunchbase UX to the next level
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Research, Product Marketing, and Engineering teams to represent the Product Design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in the appropriate channels
- Design user flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Participate in user testing and turn results into actionable design solutions
- Understand the competitive landscape and evaluate product design trends to better inform our own product development
- Help develop and build the Product Design process and practice within the company
What We're Looking For:
- At least 3-5 years of experience working on a product(s) in the market
- Lead design for products/features within a multi-disciplined team (Product, Research, Engineering)
- Shipped a product to users and made iterations based on user feedback to make improvements
- Strong interaction and visual design skills
- Take ideas and abstract concepts, to wireframes, to fully realized designs while at the same time incorporating feedback from multiple sources
- Has a strong desire to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to give and receive feedback
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.