Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA
Crunchbase is the leading destination where you can discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. Companies all over the world rely on Crunchbase to power their applications, making over one billion API calls on our platform each year.
We are hiring a hands-on Senior Data Scientist to help build the next level of the Crunchbase experience. We're looking to go deeper on the data we have, generating and presenting insights that help our users better understand our data and offer observations specifically tailored to their use-case. The ideal candidate is passionate about not only data and what it can teach us, but also about our users and how to drive an experience that helps them engage with and explore our data.
Engineering at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase engineering organization is a dynamic, fast-paced team that is committed to quickly delivering features, evaluating them, and iterating towards the ideal product. We are organized in vertical teams that include cross-functional engineers aimed at working tightly with Product Managers to deliver high standards code while iterating quickly on features. We value open and clear communication and strive to develop an environment where opinions and views can be shared and considered in an effort to reach the best decision.
Data Science at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase Data Science team is a brand new team that will own all user-facing data analysis features and is responsible to the development of predictive models to power product features as well as models to improve the accuracy and precision of our data.
What You Will Do:
- Help drive the Crunchbase insights engine and turn our business vision into features
- Collaborate with the product team and other internal partners to help drive data insights
- Work on all aspects of the feature delivery cycle, from ideating on what to do next, collecting requirements and all the way to production
- Develop statistical and machine learning models to answer questions our users are interested in such as "who is likely to invest in this company"
- Help establish processes and standard methodologies to help strengthen the team
Who You Are:
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- You have strong statistics and machine learning background
- You have 4+ years of industry experience
- You are an excellent communicator and able to explain complex issues to partners in simple terms
- You strive to understand the product and deliver impactful features that drive the business forward
- You have experience with personalization and recommendation systems
- You like to be hands-on and feel comfortable coding (Python preferred)
- You are familiar with an array of analytics and big data tools (e.g R, SQL, etc)
- You like finding patterns in data!
What Crunchbase offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.