Senior/Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Chicago, IL /
Technology & Networking – Software - SRE /
Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation.
Take a look at what we do! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt8k71Quqw
We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe co-locates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Crusoe Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by stranded energy that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
About the Role
Our values drive our work from thinking like a mountaineer, our relentless commitment to resource efficiency and tapping into our collective genius. At Crusoe, you will be challenged to do the best work of your entire life and to be and become your best self.
Our teams are empowered to tackle hard problems that benefit our customers, grow our business and create a positive impact in reducing global emissions. You should have a proven track record of building fast, highly available infrastructure at scale. You should have deep experience and nuanced opinions on existing cloud services and developer tools. You will be working with a highly coordinated team on the forefront of cloud and distributed system technologies.
You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure. You’ll lead engineers technically to help evolve our services and architecture to better serve our customers. You’ll coordinate cross-functional technical projects and make sure the scope and deliverables are always on track. You’ll coordinate evaluation of tools and frameworks for the engineering team and understand implications and trade-offs of reliability, scalability, operational costs, ease of adoption by organization, and recruiting. You’ll develop and constantly refine technical and team fit assessments. You’ll mentor engineers, partner with engineering managers to take an active role in their development.
You Will Thrive In This Role If:
- 5+ years of professional SRE experience
- 5+ years of experience contributing to architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 8+ years relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of infrastructure design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Experience writing high quality code with at least one programming language (Python, Go, or similar)
- Experience building with modern infrastructure tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform
- Experience building with modern CI/CD practices and build systems, such as GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, GitHub Actions
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting systems and tools
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with TCP/IP and network programming
- Experience with information security best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Embody the Company values
- Hybrid work schedule
- Industry competitive pay
- Restricted Stock Units in a fast growing, well-funded technology company
- Health insurance package options that include HDHP and PPO, vision, and dental for you and your dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) with a 100% match up to 4% of salary
- Unlimited time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subscription to the Calm app
- NYDIG - Bitcoin Savings Plan
- Company paid commuter benefit; $100 per month
- Compensation will be paid in the range of $180,000-225,000. RSU's are included in all offers. Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.