Product Manager, Cloud
San Francisco, CA /
Technology & Networking – Product /
Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation. Take a look at what we do! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt8k71Quqw We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe co-locates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Crusoe Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by stranded energy that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
Crusoe Cloud brings scalable, clean, low-cost cloud computing to the world's bravest thinkers in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering, scientific simulation, and computational biology. We power ideas with stranded energy, creating a catalyst to bring more climate aligned energy online.
Our values drive our work from thinking like a mountaineer, our relentless commitment to resource efficiency and tapping into our collective genius. At Crusoe, you will be challenged to do the best work of your entire life and to be and become your best self.
About the Role
Crusoe Cloud is hiring its second product manager to accelerate development of our carbon-reducing cloud. Currently in private alpha, we offer high performance GPU compute at a fraction of the cost of hyperscalers, but as we move towards public beta, we’re adding block and object storage as well as private networking, and need a detail-oriented, developer-focused product manager to get us there faster.
You will own the roadmap and execution for one or more product areas (compute, storage, networking, usage/billing, and/or account management) and contribute to the long term strategy of the product. This position can be based out of our Chicago, Denver, or San Francisco offices.
- Understand and empathize with our developers and gather their feedback.
- Translate developer desires and problems into concrete product features.
- Prioritize those features within the roadmap for your product area.
- Advocate for our developers internally and externally.
- Create product documentation, support developers through various channels, and create innovative product marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including engineering, design, network infrastructure, finance, and the executive team to execute on your product area's vision.
- 5+ years of technical product management experience, or of product-minded engineering experience.
- Experience building and launching developer products.
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Experience creating strategic product roadmaps, working with cross-functional teams.
- Proactive and self-directed: must be able to define and scope new initiatives with minimal guidance.
- Private, public, and hybrid cloud as well as cloud-native integration and interoperability familiarity.
- Exceptional project management and cross-functional communications and collaboration skills.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hybrid work schedule
- Industry competitive pay
- Restricted Stock Units in a fast growing, well-funded technology company
- Health insurance package options that include HDHP and PPO, vision, and dental for you and your dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) with a 100% match up to 4% of salary
- Unlimited time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subscription to the Calm app
- NYDIG - Bitcoin Savings Plan
- Company paid commuter benefit; $100 per month
- Salary range is between $185K and $225K+. Restricted Stock Units are included in all offers. Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.