Senior Test Engineer
Crux Informatics is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to plan and execute the full suite of testing activities through a period of rapid product and company growth with a group of experienced professionals dedicated to bringing the Crux mission of “making data delightful” to life.
You will work closely with core product and engineering teams to handle both platform and UI testing, as well as data testing. This role requires that you are able to take initiative, are comfortable reporting defects and areas for improvement, ensure appropriate test cases exists for all bugs, review code of daily offshore test cases, implement new test cases using BDD framework, implement integration test cases using pytest framework, perform release testing and contribute to release notes, and are capable of executing automated and manual QA tests throughout the development cycle.
- Superior core QA skills: finding/characterizing/logging bugs, writing test cases, strong understanding of appropriate testing activities in development lifecycle
- 5-7 years software testing experience in a professional, production environment
- Good to excellent understanding of BDD
- Good Java coding skills, i.e. at a minimum can read and trace thru code, better (but not strictly needed) to be code implementation expert
- Good to excellent understanding of Python (coding skills - nice to have)
- Excellent communication skills especially working with dev, product management, ops
- Deep understanding of REST basics
- Strong understanding of Webdriver and how it’s used for UI testing
- Experience with data quality testing
At Crux, diversity is valued and and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.