Senior Full-stack Engineer
As Senior Engineer, you will have a major impact on the development of Crux's platform by playing a central role in architectural decisions and the successful delivery of user-facing features.
You’ll be joining a group of experienced engineers dedicated to bringing the Crux mission of “making data delightful” to life. You have a passion for creating high-quality user experiences working closely with skilled product owners, UI/UX designers and other engineers.
You must have solid experience building single page applications using React. The ideal candidate will also have worked with Node.js in high-volume, production environments with a service architecture.
As a Crux engineer, you will be part of a small agile team where you will have continued opportunity to learn, grow and mentor other engineers. You will be a collaborative participant in the code review process and bring continuous learning of emerging technologies/industry trends to the company. We are looking for a team player who is self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 8+ years experience building high-quality, secure presentation layers for high visibility web applications
- Strong knowledge of web applications architecture
- Experience with NodeJS/Express.js in high-volume, production systems
- Experience with build tools such as Webpack
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience building libraries and extensible shared components used across an application by the rest of the team
- Awareness of web application security concerns and knowing how to prevent and fix exploits
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and balance multiple projects at the same time
- Keen eye for usability and user experience
- Excellent communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
Crux is a data delivery and operations company that takes on the critical, yet commoditized, tasks of ingesting data and getting it ready for analysis by financial institutions. We are experiencing rapid growth from financial firms turning to Crux to process and onboard the data they need.
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
Founded in 2017 by a seasoned team of data professionals, Crux has grown to a team of 70 employees in San Francisco and New York. It is backed by leading industry players, including Citi, Goldman Sachs, and Two Sigma.
At Crux, diversity is valued and and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.