Market Development Manager
Crux has an opportunity for a market development manager to drive the expansion of a game-changing platform that will enable data to be readily available any time, anywhere, for the financial services industry. This role is at the intersection of growth marketing and community development.
You will be responsible for generating growth through tactical event execution, partnership enablement, and thought leadership. “Growth” means impactful and measurable engagement and lead generation with the intended target audiences.
To date, Crux has established a strong footprint in the financial services industry, developing relationships with leading data suppliers, world-class infrastructure partners, and premier financial institutions. Your objective is to take these relationships to the next level by executing marketing initiatives to achieve mutual goals. The success of these initiatives will be pivotal in our ability to empower our customers, partners, and scale revenue initiative.
In this role you will:
- Learn how the entire data supply chain in the financial services industry is stacked.
- Grow relationships with key partners through events, digital marketing, referral programs, and thought leadership.
- Utilize your deep understanding of the financial services industry to navigate and influence senior individuals at partners to work with Crux.
- Launch our Crux thought leadership event series, eventually leading to the Crux Conference.
- Oversee and execution of Crux conference participation with key industry associations.
- Work across teams to leverage Crux resources and knowledge to publish impactful content.
- Understand financial markets, customer needs and competitive environment in depth.
- Serve as marketing expert for key industry relationships (existing and new).
- Report to the Head of Marketing and work extensively with other team leaders such as Head of Partnerships and Alliances, Head of Sales, and Data Supplier team.
- 8 to 10 years experience with at least 3 years focused on marketing/partnerships.
- Desire to learn about the evolving data ecosystem in finance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong technical acumen with ability to present and discuss advanced data topics.
- Ability to lead and manage a complex project to an aggressive schedule, keeping on top of both the small details as well as the big picture to drive campaign execution.
- Outstanding communication skills at every level - within teams, to leadership, to clients, and particularly with partners.
- Tenacity and resilience that allows you to thrive in ambiguity, drive impactful projects, and overcome challenges.
- An analytical mindset and ability to dive into marketing funnel performance to derive valuable business insights and propose solutions.
Crux is a data delivery and operations company that takes on the critical, yet commoditized, tasks of ingesting data and getting it ready for analysis by financial institutions. We are experiencing rapid growth from financial firms turning to Crux to process and onboard the data they need.
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
Founded in 2017 by a seasoned team of data professionals, Crux has grown to a team of 70 employees in San Francisco and New York. It is backed by leading industry players, including Citi, Goldman Sachs, and Two Sigma.
At Crux, diversity is valued and and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.