Technical Program Manager
The Technical Program Manager will drive project management at Crux and is critical in the execution of project planning where multiple stakeholders and dependencies need to be tracked and individuals held accountable. These stakeholders are primarily Engineering teams that require a high level of coordination to execute on company objectives.
As Technical Program Manager you will create structured schedules and project plans based on project goals, resources needed, potential risks, time to market and budget constraints. You will partner with colleagues in different roles to assess the workloads and impacts for different departments to identify dependencies and possible issues across teams, including prioritization conflicts. During the planning process, you will help communicate clear and actionable deliverables of various Product/Engineering product plans.
Project Execution and Governance
- Track deadlines, deliverables, resources, and timelines throughout the project
- Hold stakeholders accountable; conduct team meetings to provide status updates and identify and resolve issues
- Requires an understanding of the Product Manager requirements in order to identify any gaps in plans or blockers to execution
- Adapt plans based on evolving needs, conditions or issues that may arise and ensure on-time, high-quality delivery aligned with the stated project goals
Project Prioritization and Portfolio Alignment
- Manage multiple concurrent projects, each with varying priority, timelines and resource requirements
- Balance projects and communicate priorities internally
- Create a project dashboard prioritizing current projects
- Inform project teams and senior leaders where resources are currently being placed and adjust workflows and identify resourcing gaps accordingly
- Ensure third party resources efforts are seamlessly integrated in the project plans.
- Managing appropriate information to be shared with external clients and/or partners
Project Documentation and Archives
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure documentation, supporting materials and project plans are updated and readily available for internal teams, senior leaders as well as external partners/stakeholders.
- Validate and document completed project information for reference on future projects and to assess the project delivery, completeness, and alignment with stated objectives and goals.
- Facilitate all retrospective reviews of projects completed, particularly when projects didn’t go according to schedule.
- 3+ years experience in a Program Manager function ideally at a start-up technology firm in the financial services industry
- Proven skills managing programs in a non-structured environment, work experience at a start-up or small team within a larger company is highly preferred
- Specific experience as program manager with big data systems, data management platforms, data engineering and operations functions is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Expert at project and change management
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to details
- Proven leadership skills, highly adept facing off to all management levels across Engineering, Sales, Product Management, internally and external client-facing
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Highly proficient with business applications such as JIRA, GSuite, Microsoft Excel/Word/PPT, other applicable project tracking and reporting applications
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
At Crux, individuals work together as a trusted team to deliver the global vision that data can be delightful. The team is driven, accountable and keen to revolutionize the way data is processed and consumed. Achieving this vast vision requires solving complex challenges, and we are assembling a team of builders to learn, create, and most importantly, grow together.
We’ve moved firmly into a data driven world. Companies that can get their hands on more data quickly and efficiently have an edge. Crux helps companies achieve this edge.
Today, data delivery and operations is expensive, time consuming and frustrating. But it doesn’t have to be.
Crux helps companies reliably process and onboard the data they need, when they need it, and where they need it. Our cloud platform and expert services connect data users and suppliers so data can flow. This allows our customers to focus on driving productivity and creating better business outcomes.
At Crux, diversity is valued and and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.