Project Manager - Technology
The Technology Project Manager drives execution across multiple teams by providing transparency and accountability to stakeholders. These stakeholders are primarily Technology teams that require a high level of coordination to execute toward critical Roadmap projects and company objectives.
As a Technology Project Manager you will create structured schedules and project plans based on project goals, resources needed, potential risks, time to market and budget constraints. You will partner with colleagues in different roles to assess the workloads and impacts for different departments to identify dependencies and possible issues across teams, including prioritization conflicts. During the planning process, you will help communicate clear and actionable deliverables by multiple teams.
This role will report directly to the Head of Delivery and will work primarily with the Data Engineering, Development, Infrastructure, and Product teams to track product roadmap execution.
- Track deadlines, deliverables, action items, resources, and timelines throughout the project
- Hold stakeholders accountable; coordinate team meetings to provide status updates and identify and resolve issues; provide reports to leadership as needed
- Requires a basic understanding of Product requirements in order to identify any gaps in plans or blockers to execution
- Adapt plans based on evolving needs, conditions or issues that may arise and ensure on-time, high-quality delivery aligned with the stated project goals
- Partner with internal Technology teams to ensure documentation, supporting materials and project plans are updated and readily available for internal teams, senior leaders as well as external partners/stakeholders.
- Validate and document completed project information for reference on future projects and to assess the project delivery, completeness, and alignment with stated objectives and goals.
- Facilitate all retrospective reviews of projects completed, particularly when projects didn’t go according to schedule.
What You're Looking For
- A fast-paced work environment ripe with opportunities for vertical and lateral career mobility
- Colleagues that are passionate and dedicated to the collective vision, but committed to respecting work-life balance
- The opportunity to wear multiple hats and help build a business by operationalizing new processes
- The opportunity to help build an industry-changing product that is backed by some of the biggest names in the business
What We’re Looking For
- An organized leader with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) who can distill technical conversations into the key takeaways and action items
- A big picture thinker who can understand the details enough to identify and escalate roadblocks to leadership to keep things moving
- A confident communicator who enforces lofty standards while constantly keeping an eye out for opportunities to improve standards, processes, and practices to remove friction
- A self-motivated agilist who can work comfortably in unstructured and structured situations both in person and remote
- A continuous learner motivated by feedback and data
- 2+ years experience in technology as a Project Manager or PMO analyst
- Prior management consulting experience preferably with big data, data management platforms, data engineering, data operations, or highly technical projects
- Prior coding experience is preferred, but not required
- Scrum certification is preferred, but not required
- Understanding and familiarity with Market and Financial data is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Capable at interacting with clients and engaging with sensitivity and nuance
- Prior experience working in a PMO or similarly-structured project management cadence
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to details
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Highly proficient with business applications such as JIRA, GSuite, Microsoft Excel/Word/PPT, other applicable project tracking and reporting applications
Crux is a data delivery and operations company that takes on the critical, yet commoditized, tasks of ingesting data and getting it ready for analysis by financial institutions. We are experiencing rapid growth from financial firms turning to Crux to process and onboard the data they need.
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
Founded in 2017 by a seasoned team of data professionals, Crux has grown to a team of 70 employees in San Francisco and New York. It is backed by leading industry players, including Citi, Goldman Sachs, and Two Sigma.
At Crux, diversity is valued and and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.