Senior Product Manager - API Products
Crux has an opportunity for a senior product leader to drive the future of a game-changing platform that will enable data to be readily available any time, all the time, for the financial services industry. Crux Product Management is at the intersection of technology and business and will set the vision for the future and translate that vision into requirements for the engineering teams to execute and deliver against. In addition to setting the roadmap, the candidate will be responsible for designing break-through ideas and bringing the voice of the customer to life through design thinking.
In this role, you will utilize your deep knowledge of data management platforms and how various types of financial data is processed, entitled and consumed through downstream client applications and systems via APIs and cloud destinations. You will develop the product vision to effectively connect customers with data suppliers in a way that is both intuitive and compliant. You will define workflows to meet the diverse needs of our clients and suppliers to grow our business. You will ensure a high-quality product is delivered by using your technical proficiency and ability to partner closely with our engineering teams to define requirements, use cases and test plans. You’ll create and own various product artifacts and processes to support the product development lifecycle and be accountable to deliver components of the Crux platform.
- Build and maintain an API platform strategy and roadmap across various capabilities
- Identify market opportunities and build requirements for new features, products and revenue streams
- Manage API documentation, design, and standards that all contributing teams will adhere to
- Serve as the product expert for all API interfaces (existing and new)
- Understand financial markets, customer needs and competitive environment in depth
- 7+ years experience in product management with at least 5+ years building APIs and cloud-based delivery solutions; startup and financial services market data experience are preferred
- Strong technical acumen as well as familiarity with APIs, programming languages & databases, and most importantly an eagerness to learn
- Ability to lead and manage a complex project to an aggressive schedule, keeping on top of both the small details as well as the big picture to drive product development
- Outstanding communication skills and at every level - within teams, to leadership, to users, and particularly with engineering
- Tenacity and resilience that allows you to thrive in ambiguity, drive impactful projects, and overcome challenges
- Quantitative skills, an analytical mindset and desire to dive into complex data sets to derive valuable business insights and propose solutions
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies as the product owner
Crux is a data delivery and operations company that takes on the critical, yet commoditized, tasks of ingesting data and getting it ready for analysis by financial institutions. We are experiencing rapid growth from financial firms turning to Crux to process and onboard the data they need.
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
Founded in 2017 by a seasoned team of data professionals, Crux has grown to a team of 70 employees in San Francisco and New York. It is backed by leading industry players, including Citi, Goldman Sachs, and Two Sigma.
At Crux, diversity is valued and and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.