Crux is seeking a skilled technical writer to join our fast-growing team. In this position, you will create easy-to-understand user content and product documentation to increase product clarity and usability, and to improve developer velocity. You’ll excel in this role if you have proven experience as a technical writer in a technical field, such as software development or enterprise cloud services and the ability to work effectively across multiple teams.
- Evaluate existing documentation sources for their effectiveness
- Write clear, concise, and compelling documentation for a variety of both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with customer-facing stakeholders to create written tutorials for getting started with Crux’s features and for specific use cases
- Generate user guides, programming guides, systems diagrams, release notes, and technical white papers for internal and external audiences
- Help define the content strategy for our developer portal
- Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and client teams to ensure coverage, quality, and accuracy of content
- Help define internal documentation process to ensure content stays up-to-date
- 5+ years experience writing technical documentation for enterprise cloud services
- Proven skills writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
- Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
- Knowledge of API reference and other types of developer documentation.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, JSON, Python, Swagger or a similar framework, code commenting tools, Git, and source code repositories preferred.
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining web sites is a plus.
- Familiarity with documentation frameworks such as Sphinx, Slate.
- Familiarity with big data, data engineering, financial data, and data vendors is a plus.
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
At Crux, individuals work together as a trusted team to deliver the global vision that data can be delightful. The team is driven, accountable and keen to revolutionize the way data is processed and consumed. Achieving this vast vision requires solving complex challenges, and we are assembling a team of builders to learn, create, and most importantly, grow together.
We’ve moved firmly into a data driven world. Companies that can get their hands on more data quickly and efficiently have an edge. Crux helps companies achieve this edge.
Today, data delivery and operations is expensive, time consuming and frustrating. But it doesn’t have to be.
Crux helps companies reliably process and onboard the data they need, when they need it, and where they need it. Our cloud platform and expert services connect data users and suppliers so data can flow. This allows our customers to focus on driving productivity and creating better business outcomes.
At Crux, diversity is valued and and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.