Senior Platform Engineer
As Senior Platform Engineer, you’ll be joining the Crux Platform team, a small team of deeply experienced professionals dedicated to bringing the Crux mission of “making data delightful” to life. You can make a significant and tangible contribution in a greenfield environment, working on all parts of the stack, and helping to set the architectural direction.
You’ll have the opportunity to solve many substantial challenges, from crafting scalable code to dealing with managing data at scale. We’re looking for a talented, collaborative engineer who is ready and willing to share their insight and knowledge to help guide the success of the company.
If you’re excited about elegant programming and the ever expanding spheres of cloud computing and big data, this opportunity will challenge and inspire you.
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer in a production environment
- Proficiency in Java; Node.js experience is an advantage
- Well-versed in building or designing REST APIs
- Strong fundamentals in both static and dynamic languages
- Adept in the principles of software engineering, including systems engineering, testing, and software architecture
- Experience with distributed systems and service architecture
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and balance multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud Platform, AWS)
- Skilled in RDBMS and NOSQL
- Hands-on experience with workflow management systems (e.g. Airflow, NiFi)
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
You may enjoy this role if you:
- Love motivating and enabling your team by providing useful context and constructive feedback.
- Take pride in building intelligent software with a great user experience.
- Understand the role of technology and process in product delivery speed.
- Enjoy transforming ambiguity into clarity.
- Can help your team continuously improve and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Enjoy taking ownership of team building responsibilities as they arise, such as hiring.
At Crux, diversity is valued and and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.