Supplier Business Development Associate
We are seeking a motivated Supplier Business Development Associate to join our Supplier Relations team to lead the outreach to potential data supplier partners at Crux.
This is a hands-on role in which you will interact daily with a wide range of stakeholders at each supplier and across multiple functions at Crux, including Sales, Partnerships Technology, and Customer Success.
To ensure success you need sound knowledge and understanding of financial services and technology partners. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding advocacy and interpersonal skills.
This role could be based in New York City or in San Francisco.
In this role you will:
Develop a comprehensive list of data suppliers of interest to financial services consumers and educating those suppliers about Crux.
“Pitch” Crux and educate key stakeholders at data suppliers about Crux’s platform and value proposition and work with those suppliers to document and onboard their data in a “land and expand” approach.
Develop a deep understanding of each supplier’s offerings and will work with the supplier team to identify candidates for additional Crux services.
Work closely with supplier contacts to define trial workflows, entitlement processes, and collaborations for our sales and marketing teams.
- Develop a target list and pipeline of suppliers to onboard.
- Contact, connect with, and pitch Crux services to data suppliers and ensure data partnership agreements can be executed.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders across suppliers including: partnership and business development teams, technical escalations, entitlements, and operations.
- Work with suppliers to expand partnerships to cover all supplier datasets and centralize data delivery.
- Support the Product and Engineering teams with supplier requirements as they develop their roadmaps.
- Request and manage entitlement processes for each supplier. Secure access to full data catalogue for the purpose of delivery to end clients.
- 2-4 years of account management, sales or business development and alliances experience, preferably in financial services and/or technology
- Proven experience engaging with and expanding business partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High EQ and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the financial services landscape and trends in data and technology
- Has built, managed, prioritized and maintained partnership product backlog in related GTM motion
- Strong problem solving skills and a collaborator who can build partnerships across the organizations
- Excellent presentation abilities and composure presenting to all levels of technical and business audiences
Crux is a data delivery and operations company that takes on the critical, yet commoditized tasks of ingesting data and getting it ready for analysis by financial institutions. We are experiencing rapid growth from financial firms turning to Crux to process and onboard the data they need.
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
Founded in 2017 by a seasoned team of data professionals, Crux has grown to a team of 70 employees in San Francisco and New York. It is backed by leading industry players, including Citi, Goldman Sachs, and Two Sigma.
At Crux, diversity is valued and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.