Senior Software Engineer
CruxOCM is the automation company for heavy industry. We are venture-backed and challenging the status quo in the energy sector.
We believe control room operators should have the best tools to perform their jobs safely and efficiently while minimizing environmental impact and maximizing revenue. If pilots have autopilot software, why not control room operators?
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on the core platform that powers our execution engine. This is an exciting challenge where you can apply your expertise in backend systems, system design, performance optimization, and troubleshooting to push the boundaries of what is possible. This is a unique opportunity to help take a product from its nascent stages to maturity.
We give our engineers high levels of ownership and autonomy. You will own and deliver features and projects from start to finish, work directly with users and product managers to solve hard problems, and influence what work we take on as a team and company.
Some problems you'll work on include
• Simulation Speed Up – Validate the product's physics and assumptions at speeds up to 20x faster than real-time
• Scalability and Reliability – Evaluating bottlenecks and architecting for the next order of magnitude of growth
• Model API – Developing a low latency layer on top of our execution engine that enables internal services to quickly calculate complex hydraulic scenarios
- Help guide technical direction and priorities for the core platform
- Develop new platform features and integrations based on customer needs
- Work cross-functionally with other teams in deployment, advanced process control, and product
- Debug and improve existing platform features through code reviews, support tickets, and training
- Communicate with customers and coworkers to understand requirements and explain solutions
- Write code that is scalable, maintainable, and meets our high bar for quality
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and product roadmap
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee stock option plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Remote-first work
- Flexible work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Growth-mindset culture
- A diverse and inclusive environment
CruxOCM is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any accessibility needs you may have. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your needs known in advance.