Tools Software Engineer
Los Gatos, California /
Core – Engineering /
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Tools Software Engineer. The creation of massive multiplayer online games requires the use of a suite of tools used by designers and artists to brings worlds to life. As a Tools Software Engineer, you can help define and drive improved workflows and implement new capabilities for Cryptic’s development teams.
**Every day you could be:**
* Working closely with designers, animators and artists.
* Collaborating with other incredible engineers to build reliable systems and powerful tools used by designers and artists to create fantastic virtual worlds and game play.
* Working in a large, custom client and server game engine and tool suite - extending it, and making it more robust.
* Upgrading our workflow to provide better content for customers.
* Extending existing systems to adapt to the ever-changing needs of a massively multiplayer online game.
**What we need to see:**
* The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
* Ability to take a large existing code base and mold it to your will with the appropriate amount of fear and respect that this takes.
* A care for customer experience.
* A love for video games.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
* Must be eligible to work in the United States.
**What we’d like to see:**
* Been part of developing at least 1 product, working on tools.
* 2 or more years of experience.
Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers and memory management and the interview process will test for these skills. Java and C# are not utilized in this job.
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.