Lead Concept Artist
Frankfurt & Remote /
Art / Animation – Hunt: Showdown /
Crytek is looking for a Lead Concept Artist to work on Hunt: Showdown.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Lead the Concept Art team on a large franchise
- Work closely with the Concept Art Team and other stakeholders to create industry leading character concepts
- Keep a healthy and positive working environment
- Creating a unique and consistent style for a complete games world
- Communicate visual ideas across teams and departments
- Mentor and help team members to grow and excel within their roles
- Maintain the high quality bar expected from Crytek products
- Keep a good relationship and information flow between connected departments
- Ensure that all aspects of art production are completed on a timely basis to a high standard
- Define work processes together with the Art and Project Managers
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Worked on and shipped at least 1 AAA game title
- Evidence of being a leader or role model, within their trade, at a team level and with the necessary management skills to run a team on a day-to-day basis
- Strong focus on Character designs and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy.
- Ability to create high quality concepts for environments, weapons and props
- Ability to create concept drawings based on written or verbal notes from the responsible superior / director
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail, materials and scale
- High Quality portfolio of gamedev-relevant art
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.