Systems Administrator III
Navy – Cyber and IT Solutions /
CSA is currently seeking an experienced Systems Administrator III to support the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) in Norfolk, VA. The successful candidate will play a critical role in organizing and directing the configuration and operation of information management systems. You will utilize your extensive knowledge and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, performing a wide range of complicated tasks independently.
This position is contingent upon award.
- Organize and direct the configuration and operation of information management systems
- Provide day-to-day system administration, including system and resource optimization, and user assistance
- Lead and direct the work of other system administrators, ensuring efficient and effective system administration support
- Conduct capacity and performance analysis to identify system improvement opportunities
- Provide recommendations for system configuration changes and upgrades
- Automate system administration tasks using tools and scripts to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Develop and maintain system administration procedures and documentation
- Conduct system administrator training and skills assessments to enhance the capabilities of the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support system integration and resolve complex technical issues
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users, addressing their system-related concerns or inquiries
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in system administration, recommending improvements or new technologies
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the field or a related area within DoD/Navy programs
- Experience with server administration, network protocols, and storage systems
- Proven ability to independently plan and accomplish goals with extensive experience and judgment
- Experience providing consultation on complex projects and acting as a top-level contributor/specialist
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Proficiency in system configuration, optimization, and user support
- Capacity and performance analysis experience to identify system improvement opportunities
- Knowledge of automated tools and scripts for system administration tasks
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- U.S. Citizenship required
- DoD Secret-Level Clearance
- Must meet IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570.01-M
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience supporting NAVSEA clients
- First-hand experience with Naval shipyard and/or Naval maintenance facilities
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA will abide by the client’s infectious disease protocols.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.