Grafenwoehr, Germany /
Mission Support Services – Mission Support Services /
CSA+Capstone is looking for a Technical Planner. The Technical Planner supports the design, planning, preparation, execution, and recovery of training events from the company through the Combined Joint Task Force level. Conducts analysis and provides technical solutions to simulation-supported military exercises including complex stimulation-simulation and distributed architectures. Provides subject matter expertise on computer-based simulations, their integration with mission command information systems, and network support requirements. Performs one or more of the following or related activities: 1) Analyzes unit training and event requirements and designs computer-based simulation-supported technical solutions to accomplish them; 2) Analyzes performance and effectiveness of computer-based simulation-supported exercises; 3) Prepares technical architectures, integration and testing plans, and execution and recovery plans to support exercises; 4) Prepares, conducts and provides management of technical integration and test events including evaluation and preparation of computer-based simulation databases and ensures that simulations are accurately portraying intended behaviors and effects; 5) supports assessments input for exercise design, planning, preparation, execution, and after-action review of company through COCOM‐level exercises.
- Perform and provide technical expertise on computer-based simulations, mission command information systems, and their integration in support of military training events.
- Provide input to exercise design and technical planning products such as but not limited to exercise support plans, technical architecture diagrams, event test plans, event support manning documents.
- Analyze, develop, plan and synchronize technical preparation requirements and plans in support of military training events.
- Manage and conduct integration and test events as part of the exercise preparation phase.
- Provide functional expertise in support of computer-based simulation database development.
- Operate computer-based simulations and mission command information systems as needed.
- Perform IT quality assurance of systems and provide feedback to system network administrators.
- Support the development of after-action review materials.
- Support set-up, transition, and breakdown for all training and training support activities.
- Participate in individual training, seminars, conferences, exercise/experiment planning events, site surveys, and exercise and training events and support the planning and preparation processes and product development as needed.
- A bachelor's degree plus 3 years of specialized experience, OR; An associate's degree plus 7 years of specialized experience, OR; A major IT certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; 11 years of specialized experience.
- U.S. secret clearance with the ability to obtain top secret.
- Knowledge of and experience with Army live, virtual, constructive and gaming simulations such as JLCCTC, JCATS, LOTS, DXTRS, and VBS.
- Experience in controlling medium to large unit training events and operations for Mission Training Complexes or similar organizations.
- Experience executing Mission Command training at battalion level or higher.
- Knowledge of virtual training simulators, constructive simulations, and Army Games for Training.
- Familiarity with Army Mission Command Systems/Platforms.
- Knowledge of planning and executing large training events and how to use the Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) to support customer training requirements.
- Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Outstanding work ethic and personal integrity.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document and update processes.
- Ability to perform tasks under deadlines.
- Ability to work with senior Government and Industry leaders.
- Possess a very high degree of attention to detail.
- Capable of working at a computer terminal for extended periods.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts, day or night, for consecutive days up to 4 weeks.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance
- Knowledgeable of Army, Joint and NATO Doctrine
- Ability to write Battalion and higher Operations Orders IAW Army, Joint or NATO doctrine
- Familiarity of Army Maneuver, Fires and Sustainment Warfighter Functions
- Familiarity in Observer Controller/Trainer functions
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.