Situational Awareness Operational Specialist
Washington DC Navy Yard /
Mission Support Services – Mission Support Services /
CSA/Capstone is seeking a Situational Awareness Operational Specialist to support the Navy Situational Emergency Operation Center (SEOC) at the Washington Navy Yard, Washington, DC. This position provides 24/7/365 support for the Commander, Navy Installations Command.
- Assists the N37 Staff with the flow of information to the staff, regions and installations,
- Screens, categorizes and formats all incoming message traffic for distribution,
- Prepares and disseminates briefs in accordance with Commander’s requirements,
- Supports, implements, and directs Crisis Action Team (CAT) operations information management, including using the C4I Suite and all other available information systems in the SEOC,
- Provides oral and written responses and briefings to queries by Echelon I, II, III, and IV commands, leadership and staff, and by external stakeholders for approval by the Government representative,
- Promotes knowledge sharing among Echelon I, II, III, and IV commands and other stakeholder organizations through collaborative business processes,
- Executes Continuity Of Operations (COOP) plans when directed, including deployment to a COOP site,
- Maintains and tracks status of equipment in the SEOC,
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and policy governing secure communications equipment and procedures,
- Follows local security procedures and supports Navy Information Assurance (IA) requirements,
- Properly handles classified material in an open secret secure space.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years of Emergency Management or Operations Center experience
- Knowledge of Navy/DoD organization, and the role of service installations and regions.
- The ability to analyze information and make recommendations under rapidly changing conditions, as well as the ability to articulate complex issues and resolutions both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and provide leadership and direction to others.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention-to-detail and the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under constant pressure.
- Skill in written and oral communications sufficient to prepare and present findings and recommendations, develop and present briefings/training, and prepare technical reports.
- Ability to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 EOC.
- 8 years of military service
- Active Secret Clearance
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in developing doctrine, policy and plans in a command and control environment.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the development of emergency management plans for either federal or state organizations and five years’ experience in the development and execution of incident or contingency operations.
- Knowledge of DOD title 10 responsibilities and regulations.
The likely salary range for this position is $77,000 - $82,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.